lunedì 10 luglio 2023

"O, Gather Me the Rose"





O, gather me the rose, the rose,

While yet in flower we find it,

For summer smiles, but summer goes,

And winter waits behind it.







For with the dream foregone, foregone,

The deed foreborn forever,

The worm Regret will canker on,

And time will turn him never.








So were it well to love, my love,

And cheat of any laughter

The fate beneath us, and above,

The dark before and after.










The myrtle and the rose, the rose,

The sunshine and the swallow,

The dream that comes, the wish that goes

The memories that follow!


Willian Ernest Henley (1849 - 1903)








In the hope you've enjoyed this stroll amongst ancient and English roses which, with their scents, colors and shades, have blessed our home last June, 
I'm  leaving you with my biggest hug, 
Dearest Friends and Readers!
See you soon 





Dany






Oh, Raccoglimi la Rosa



IMMAGINE DI FRONTESPIZIO: 
Little White PetFloribunda Rose,1897, Peter Henderson (USA)



Oh, raccoglimi la rosa, la rosa,

Mentre ancora in fiore la troviamo,

Perché l'estate sorride, ma l'estate va,

E l'inverno è dietro di lei che aspetta.



IMMAGINI 2-3-4-5-6: 
Geoff Hamilton, English Rose, 1997, David Austin (ENGLAND)



Perché con il sogno non realizzato, non compiuto,

E l'azione persa per sempre,

Il seme del rimpianto continuerà a deteriorarlo,

E il tempo non lo trasformerà mai più.



IMMAGINI 7-8-9-10-11:
 Alba PlenaBanksiae Rose, 1807, William Kerr (ENGLAND)



Sarebbe così bello amarti, amore mio, 

E ingannare ad ogni risata

Il destino al di sotto di noi, e sopra,

Il buio prima e dopo.



IMMAGINI 12-13-14-15-16-17-18: 
Sweet Juliet, English Rose, David Austin, 1989 (ENGLAND) e Hybrid Tea Rose, Étoile de Holland, 1879, Antoni Verschuren (NETHERLANDS)



Il mirto e la rosa, la rosa,

Il sole e la rondine,

Il sogno che viene, la speranza che se ne va

I ricordi che seguono!


Willian Ernest Henley (1849 - 1903)



IMMAGINI 19-20-21-22-23:
Marie-Jeanne, Polyantha Rose, 1913, Eugène Turbat & Compagnie (FRANCE)



Nella speranza che vi sia stata gradita questa passeggiata tra rose antiche ed inglesi che, con il loro profumo, i loro colori e le loro sfumature, 
hanno avvolto la nostra casa, lo scorso giugno, 
Vi lascio con il mio più grande abbraccio
Carissimi Lettori ed Amici!
A presto 





Dany






LINKING WITH:



This post was featured by Angie @ God's Growing Garden 
and earned the very first place of three!
I'm so honored by this, I have no words which to thank you with, Lovely Lady  


Cecilia @ My Thrift Store Addiction has featured this post presenting it with such touching words:
"Roses have a special place in my heart--despite their delicate appearance, they grace my garden with their beautiful blooms even during record breaking summer heat! In O, Gather Me the Rose, Dany of My Little Old World honors these lovely flowers with poetry and a breathtaking virtual garden stroll that had me longing for the ability to smell her beautiful photographs!"

I'm feeling speechless and moved, thank you Sweet Lady 











41 commenti:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Dani....simply divine...I wish we had 'smellavision' on computers...! Hugs, Sandi

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Sandi,
      Lovely Friend of mine, you put such a brigh smile on my face!
      Maybe one day we'll have 'smellavision' computers, for not only to see, but to smell perfumes too :)!!!
      Have a blessed day and week, Dearie ♡❤♡

      Elimina
  2. Risposte
    1. Lisa K Thomasson Jung,
      I thank you from the deep of my heart both for this nice visit of yours and your so beautiful words!
      Sending hugs to you ❀≼♥≽❀

      Elimina
  3. This is a feast for the eyes and the heart.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. messymimi,
      I so love this comment of yours, I thank you so, so much!
      Blessings are sent on your way ஜ~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~ஜ

      Elimina
  4. Risposte
    1. Lillian "sognafaret",
      I heartily thank you for your beautiful words, I so love to welcome you here!
      Have a wonderful Sunday ❥

      Elimina
  5. Very beautiful photos and roses, Dany! I also enjoyed reading the wonderful poem.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti,
      Please, forgive my belated answer!
      With utmost gratitude for gracing my blog with your so welcome and lovely visit,
      I'm sending blessings on your Sunday and new week ahead ✿⊱╮

      Elimina
  6. The roses are BEAUTIFUL!
    Happy Wednesday!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Veronica Lee,
      Happy day to you and please, forgive this belated answer of mine, I was far busy at work, alas!
      With sincere gratitude, both for your visit and your comment of appreciation,
      I'm sending hugs and more hugs to you ღ❀ღ

      Elimina
  7. Risposte
    1. Food nutters,
      I thank you wholeheartedly!
      ❖ Have a lovely day, today ❖

      Elimina
  8. Dany, roses are one of my favorites and I so enjoyed seeing your gorgeous blooms! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. My thrift store addiction,
      honestly I didn't imagine that my roses could arouse such an enthusiasm in ~ My little old world ~ readers and followers, I'm so joyful for this, it fills my heart with gladness!
      Thanking you so so much for everything - the visit, the beautiful comment, the aknowledgment -
      I'm sending my dearest love to you ಌ•❤•ಌ

      Elimina
  9. Risposte
    1. Joanne,
      Thank you, dearest friend of mine, blessed be!
      May your day be filled with smiles ✿⊰✽⊱✿

      Elimina
  10. Beautiful roses!!!! Happy Pink Saturday ☺️

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Amy,
      You're welcome!
      Have a blessed month of August ~⚜~

      Elimina
  11. Hello Dany,
    Lovely post, the roses are gorgeous. Take care, have a happy weekend.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. eileeninmd,
      Sweetest friend of mine, it's always such a blessing to me to have you here!
      With sincere gratitude,
      I'm sending my warmest hug across the Ocean ஜ♥♡♥ஜ

      Elimina
  12. Lovely post, poem, photos and my alliteration. Saw this post at HIH July 15, 2023. Please see what I'm up to at posts 18, 19, 20, and 21. Happy Days and be well. Nancy Andres @ Colors 4 Health

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Nancy Andreas at Colors 4 Health,
      I heartily thank you for this visit of yours, dear friend!
      In the hope of being able to come and reciprocate such a joy very soon,
      I'm sending my dearest hug to you ⊰♥Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♥⊱

      Elimina
  13. Absolutely Amazing! I love the roses & thank you so much for sharing!

    RispondiElimina
  14. Absolutely lovely photos. Thank you for sharing & have a nice day!

    RispondiElimina
  15. So lovely, I am afraid this awful heat wave will wither away my beautiful one rosebush that has started to bloom so beautifully. Your flowers are just lovely and I enjoy seeing you here. Have a beautiful new week. Thank you for sharing.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. My Tata's Cottage,
      I'm so glad to welcome you here, but very sad after reading of your rosebush, alas! rose in bloom fill our heart with such a blessing!
      Have a lovely Sunday, sweetest friend of mine, and forgive this belated answer of mine, I was busy working with my publisher and had such a little of time for blogging...
      *♥* Sending my dearest love to you *♥*

      Elimina
  16. Wow, wow and wow. My favorite color is pink and you have a lot of pink in this post.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Daniela. Big hug. ♥

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Sandee,
      It's always with a big joy that I welcome you here, thank you for your enthusiastic words of appreciation, Dearie!
      Sending gratitude hugs on you way ✥*⊰♥⊱*✥

      Elimina
  17. The roses are absolutely STUNNING. And I bet it smells like heaven in your garden.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/07/a-visit-to-sarah-p-duke-garden.html

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. NCSue,
      Tis I who thank you, lovely lady!
      Honestly ours are very scented roses - they smell of ancient roses, myrrh or fruit, and bless us for many days too with their scent.
      I'd love to have you here for the next season!
      Sending blessings to you ⊰✽*Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ*✽⊱

      Elimina
  18. Risposte
    1. Rajani Rehana,
      I heartily thank you!
      Have a wonder-filled Sunday, my friend ❥

      Elimina
  19. Risposte
    1. Nancy Barber,
      Thank you for your nice words!
      Wishing you a lovely day, today, and new week ahead •ღ❤ღ•

      Elimina
  20. Dany, those roses are stunning and so are your photos.
    Visiting today from Sunday Sunshine #4&5

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. PaulaShort,
      I'm sincerely glad to read that you've enjoyed this post of mine,
      thank you for this so beautiful visit of yours!
      I'm coming and visit you as soon as I can
      to reciprocate the joy ✿⋰⋱✿

      Elimina
  21. Risposte
    1. Colo Junkett,
      It is beautiful to read such words of appreciation, thank you!
      Have a blessed day 🙂🦋

      Elimina

I THANK YOU WHOLEHEARTEDLY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND WORDS, SO PRECIOUS TO ME.