sabato 9 dicembre 2017

For a Victorian Christmas ~ Make Your Own Victorian Tree Ornaments.


Symbol of Christmas par excellence, since Prince Albert gave it as a gift to his beloved Victoria for Christmas 1841, thus introducing it to England where it wasn't known yet, the Christmas Tree was adorned, during the Victorian Age, with a wide range of decorations, such as pine cones gathered in the woods, garlands of dried or fresh fruit or made of colored paper, ribbons tied on the tops of its branches and small cornucopias that were filled with gifts, obviously of modest size, preferably confectionery.


Let's see together this video that teaches us how to create them, in paper or fabric, if you prefer - and if you decide to use it choose a piece of fabric quite sturdy or starch it before using it - and how to decorate them to get them ready to be hung on our Christmas Tree.


Enjoy my dearest friend and faithful readers !




As you have surely understood, I love handmade ornaments. Because they have been made with thoughts and patience and yet unique in their own ways. With the cornucopias, here is another one of my favorites, Dried Orange Slices, beautifully handmade and old tradition ornaments that bring beauty and aromas into your Christmas rooms and definitely give you the feeling of having tiny stained glass ornament on your tree.



SUPPLIES:


oranges

a knife and a cutting board
your oven
some strings
some cranberries
a needle
and cinnamon sticks which can be added to your ornaments if you like.


Cut oranges in 1/4″ slices. Lay oranges on paper towels in a single layer, then place another paper towel on top and gently pat to remove excess juice.

Place oranges in single layer directly on oven rack and bake at 275° F for one hour, then 225° F for two additional hours. Make sure to flip the oranges every half hour to prevent them from curling and to release moisture from the oven.
They may feel a little sticky when you first take them out of the oven, but will harden the rest of the way on their own. If you want to keep them once they are completely hardened you can spray them with a clear coat.
Using a needle, thread, cranberries and cinnamon I decorated them. I absolutely love the stained glass effect you get when they are in front of a light. 


SOURCE:





In the hope to have suggested you another Christmas decorations that give you joy to realize, I'm waiting for you in a few days to decorate our Victorian Christmas.


From my heart to yours 💕










~ PER UN NATALE VITTORIANO ~ 
COME REALIZZARE DECORAZIONI PER L'ALBERO DI NATALE - PICCOLE CORNUCOPIE IN CUI INSERIRE DONI.  


Simbolo del Natale per eccellenza da che il Principe Albert ne fece dono alla sua amata Victoria per il S.Natale del 1841 introducendolo così in Inghilterra dove ancora non era conosciuto, l'albero di Natale si vestiva, durate l'epoca vittoriana, dei più svariati oggetti di addobbo, da pigne raccolte nei boschi a ghirlande di frutta secca o fresca o di carta colorata, da nastri annodati sulle cime dei suoi rami a piccole cornucopie che venivano colmate di doni, ovviamente di modeste dimensioni, di preferenza dolciumi.

Vediamo insieme questo video che ci insegna come crearle, in carta od in tessuto, se volete - e se decidete per questo cercatelo piuttosto rigido o inamidatelo voi prima di utilizzarlo - e come decorarle per poi poterle mettere sul nostro albero di Natale. 

Buona visione e buon divertimento !






Come avete sicuramente avuto modo di capire, adoro gli ornamenti fatti a mano. Perché sono stati fatti con pazienza ed amore e sono unici a modo loro. Con le cornucopie, ecco un'altra delle mie preferite, le fette di arancia essiccate, antichi ornamenti tradizionali che portano bellezza e aroma nelle vostre stanze natalizie e sicuramente vi danno la sensazione di avere un piccolo decoro di vetro colorato sul vostro albero.



-  fotografia



ECCO COSA VI OCCORRE:

delle arance
un coltello ed un tagliere
il vostro forno
spaghetto da cucina
mirtilli rossi
un ago
e bastoncini di cannella che possono essere aggiunti ai vostri ornamenti, se volete.


Tagliare le arance a fette di circa mezzo centimetro e posarle su carta assorbente in un unico strato, quindi posizionare un altro strato di carta sulla parte superiore e tamponare delicatamente per rimuovere il succo in eccesso.
Mettere le fettine direttamente sulla leccarda e cuocerle a 135° per un'ora, poi a 105° per altre due ore. Ricordate di capovolgere le arance ogni mezz'ora per evitare che si arriccino e perché rilascino l'umidità gradatamente.
Potrebbero sembrarvi un po' appiccicose quando le rimuoverete dal forno, ma induriranno velocemente con la temperatura ambiente. Se volete conservarle ancor meglio quando saranno completamente indurite potete spruzzarle con una vernice trasparente.
Usando un ago, dello spago sottile (quello che generalmente si usa per legare l'arrosto), dei mirtilli rossi e qualche bastoncino di cannella li ho decorati.
Adoro l'effetto tipo vetro colorato che si ottiene quando sono poste di fronte ad una fonte luminosa.


FONTE:



Nella speranza di avervi suggerito altre decorazioni natalizie che possiate realizzare con  gioia, vi aspetto tra qualche giorno per addobbare il nostro Albero di Natale vittoriano.


Con tutto il cuore 💕









LINKING WITH: 














Sandee's and Kathe's WORDLESS WEDNESDAY


WORDLESS WEDNESDAY at Create With Joy

This blog post was featured by MARILYN at MARILYN'S TREATS !
Thank you wholeheartedly, dearest friend 









56 commenti:

  1. Hello Dearest Dany~
    Truly a joy and pleasure to stop in for a visit as it has been quite some time. I've been away and it's been a little here a little there with my posting and visits over the last few months with mom's health issues. I look forward to the time of my full return to our beautiful community of Blogging.

    I have book marked this post do I will be reminded next year to decorate my tree with these beautiful hand made items.
    As I was watching the video, I thought how gorgeous it would be to use the lace looking paper to make a chain, and then lace cornucopia's. Wouldn't that make for a lovely and elegant tree!?

    Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Have a beautiful Christmas, dear lady~

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Debbie Harris
      you cannot even imagine the inner joy you bring to my heart with this visit of yours, darling, precious friend, and your idea about the decoration of the cornucopias is truly outstanding, I think the result would be really charming !
      On the other hand, I'm sad to know that your absence is due to your Mom's health issues ... I'm praying for both of you sending blessings across the many miles ... and may this Christmas bring to you and your family the lost serenity, I wish it with all my heart !

      God bless ☆:*•♥•♥•*:☆

      Elimina
  2. Things were so different then. Use what you have. Beautiful.

    Have a fabulous day, Dany. ♥

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Sandee
      you're so right, things were really so different then, and everything which was at home could be useful and used to getr ready something original and touching, ... even if it must be said that love was always the main ingredient, for sure ... !

      Always thinking of you with much love,
      I'm sending my dearest hugs to you ⊰✽*✽⊱

      Elimina
  3. Dany grazie per questa bellissima decorazione!!!
    Ti abbraccio e ti auguro una buona serata

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Manu
      mia cara, che gioia averti qui !
      Sono io a doverti ringraziare e lo faccio con tutto il cuore contraccambiando il tuo augurio ed estendendolo anche alla nuova settimana in arrivo!

      Un bacione grande a te ♡❤♡

      Elimina
  4. Hi Dany. Merry Christmas my dear friend. This was such a beautiful and helpful post for us Victorian lovers. My parlor still stays Victorian although I tend to change up a little in the rest of the cottage. I haven't made those paper chains since grade school but it is a custom that carrys on and on and I have made a couple of the paper cones for my tree. They are so pretty and it is fun to decorate them with odds and ends. Your music is just beautiful and soothing..Have a wonderful holiday..xxoJudy

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Judy
      it's always such a delight to welcome you here, sweet friend, thank you for taking the time to visit and to comment, you're a so lovely lady !

      With sincere gratitude I'm sending hugs and ever much love to you,
      and may your Christmas too be filled with many blessings ♫♪☆❄☃❄☆♪♫

      Elimina
  5. Wow that is so beautiful thing, and totally natural..

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Krishna
      you said it, it's totally natural and so easy to make !

      Sending blessings on the remainder of your Sunday •♥✿ڿڰۣ✿♥•

      Elimina
  6. Such happy, simple projects as these are!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ messymimi
      they're far simple and done with the heart !

      Thank you for appreciating them, dearest friend ۩۞۩

      Elimina
  7. Dany, the dried orange slices are not only beautiful, but I can just imagine the wonderful aroma! What an idea!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Jean
      to me that's one of the aromas of Christmas, Dearest One !

      So glad that you loved this decoration,
      I'm sending blessings on your way ♥♡♥

      Elimina
  8. Beautiful. I especially love the dried orange slices with cinnamon sticks. How fragrant!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Joyful
      they're truly fragrant, if you hang them on your tree some days before Christmas, you'll feel their parfume all the holidays long !

      With lots of love, blessings and hugs ஐღ❀ღஐ

      Elimina
  9. Oh cara Daniela, i tuoi sono ornamenti semplicemente...strepitosi! Davvero unici, come dici tu.
    E rimpiango di non avere il tempo materiale di potermi dedicare a queste piccole ma preziose attività che fanno bene al cuore e decorano armoniosamente la casa per le feste natalizie.
    Un grande abbraccio e buona domenica
    Susanna

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Susanna
      carissima, mi spiace tu non possa realizzare queste decorazioni che tanto ti piacciono e ... sì, hai ragione, colmano il cuore di gioia, mentre le fai ed ogni volta che le osservi, davvero ... ed il loro profumo, come lo spirito del Natale, non abbandona le nostre case e dona sogni di altri tempi !

      Ti abbraccio con tutto il cuore,
      mi sei talmente cara ಌ•❤•ಌ

      Elimina
  10. A very interesting way to make Christmas ornaments. And if something goes wrong you can eat it!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ David Gascoigne
      ahahahah ツ! You made me heartily laugh, but you're right, you're really a likeable fellow!

      Wishing you a most lovely Sunday evening
      and new week ahead,
      with sincere thankfulness,
      I love to read your comments more and more ༺♡❀♡༻

      Elimina
  11. Beautiful and they will smell truly gorgeous! Have a wonderful new week :)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Prunella Pepperpot
      ... they smell of Christmas, Sweetie!

      Wishing you too a great new week ahead,
      I'm sending all my love to you ❥

      Elimina
  12. What a great idea for a Christmas ornament! It's so beautiful.

    I'm visiting from the 'Good Mornings Monday' link-up. : )

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Cathy
      new friend of mine, you're so heartily welcome !
      I'm just coming back from your blog and I'm the most recent follower of yours, I'm so fond of reading and your blog is truly lovely and precious !

      *ஜ* May your week to come be filled with joy and wonder *ஜ*

      Elimina
  13. Hai proprio ragione, gli ornamenti fatti a mano dimostrano tanto amore e dedizione. Video incantevole
    Bacioni

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Alessandra
      e lo puoi ben dire, cara !
      Quale creatrice di meravigliosi oggetti artistici connotati da unicità e romanticismo, perfetti per ogni occasione, sai con certezza quanto amore e quanta passione metti in ciò cui le tue mani danno vita !

      Ti abbraccio con il cuore augurandoti una splendida giornata,
      ancora auguri per le vacanze più belle dell'anno ❥

      Elimina
  14. I remember making paper chains when I was a child :) I like the cones too for putting little candies inside to give as gifts :)
    I have never tried the dry oranges, love how you made an ornament out of it, so pretty against the light!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Conniecrafter
      your so lovely words of appreciation always make my day, thank you sweetest friend !

      Sending blessings on your Christmas Holidays once again,
      with utmost gratitude ಌ❀ಌ

      Elimina
  15. ...Dany, my new friend, you sure helped to get me into the Christmas spirit! Thanks so much for joining Tuesday's Treasures, I hope to see you back again. Enjoy your day!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Tom
      I'm so sorry I couldn't join your so lovely party again, my friend, even if I wish, I always arrive when it's too late, the collection is already closed .... I hope in the future to be able and do it, I treasure your invitation !

      Sending blessings of joy on your day,
      with sincere thankfulness ♥♡♥

      Elimina
  16. Dany,

    Good morning! I'm visiting from "Inspire Me Monday". Love the idea. I may have to try this one Christmas when we have our large tree set up. Thanks for sharing and have a blessed holiday season!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Cathy Kennedy
      I'm wishing you too a very blessed Holiday Season,
      with utmost gratitude,
      I so love having you here, Dearie ♡❤♡

      Elimina
  17. Dany, the Victorians knew how to be festive. Thanks for sharing.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ photodoug
      it is I who thank you, dear friend,
      and wish you all my best for your Christmas Time ☆:*•♥•*:☆

      Elimina
  18. Hmmmm....I can almost smell the citrus an cinnamon in the air! Some of my most treasured ornaments are the ones that were handmade by my children, grandchildren and friends.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ lisa
      yes, they smell of Christmas and ... handmade ornaments are all so very precious, I treasure them all !

      Merry Christmas to you and your dear ones,
      sweet friend *•♥♥•*

      Elimina
  19. Buonasera Daniela,
    le fette di arancia secche sono fra i miei addobbi preferiti.
    Buon lavoro!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ italiafinlandia
      mia nuova, cara amica, ti accolgo con molta gioia e ti ringrazio per le dolci parole del tuo commento !

      E che il tuo S.Natale sia prodigo di Gioia, Serenità e Pace,
      te lo auguro di vero cuore ಌ•❤•ಌ

      Elimina
  20. I ADORE these orange ornaments!! I went out and bought some oranges today so that we can make them. SO pretty!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Mrs. U
      I so love to have suggested you an idea to decorate your own Christmas Tree, new friend of mine, you're heartily welcome !

      Wishing you all my best for the remainder of your Advent
      and for your Christmas Time,
      thank you for the joy you gave me ✿⊱╮

      Elimina
  21. What lovely Victorian ornaments! I will have to try my hand at making these! Thanks for sharing! Have a blessed week ahead!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Rebecca Knox
      it is I who thank you, dear friend, both for gracig my blog today with your lovely presence and with your words of enthusiasm, blessed be !

      May your Christmas be filled with all the blessings you deserve,
      sending you my dearest hugs ♡ஐ♡

      Elimina
  22. The dried orange slices are my favourites too. They really look like small, bright, orange coloured rose windows. :-)
    Have a beautiful week, dear Daniela! ♥

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Edit
      I heartily thank you since this idea of mine fires you with enthusiasm, I'm feeling truly flattered, Dearie !

      Wishing you great Christmas Holidays,
      with utmost gratitude ⊰✽*✽⊱

      Elimina
  23. Do you know I saw massive bags of dried oranges on sale at the Bangkok Flower market this morning, but I know our Australian Customs would not be too impressed if I rock up with these. How fortunate to read your post about how to make them!
    Happy Days
    Wren x

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Wren
      it sounds really extraordinary, so good work !

      Sending blessings on your Christmas once again,
      thank you for visiting and commenting,
      sweet friend of mine ღ❀ღ

      Elimina
  24. Such a lovely idea!
    Thank you for joining us at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/12/at-dusk.html

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ NC Sue
      I'm sincerely glad to read that you loved it, dear friend, it is I who thank you !

      Wishing you and your family the Brightest Christmas ever,
      sending blessings on your way ۩۞۩

      Elimina
  25. Always a pleasure to see your beautiful posts and helpful ideas.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Judee Algazi
      and it's wonderful to me to welcome you here, cherished friend !

      *♥* Cheers *♥*

      Elimina
  26. So simple, yet so very, very beautiful, Dany.
    Thank you so much for sharing this here.
    My son will be coming home for the holiday this weekend, and I think we will make these together!

    Have a wonderful weekend, sweet friend.
    Sending you hugs from across the ocean.
    xo.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Lisa Gordon
      God bless you and this so beautiful friendship of ours !

      Merry Christmas, precious friend of mine,
      to you and your dears ❀≼♥≽❀

      Elimina
  27. Thanks for the instructions on this, Dany. I have long wanted to make orange slice ornaments and just haven't pulled it together enough to look for the right directions. These are so pretty -- and I have oranges in the fridge! So, maybe this weekend. (I know -- the world is filled with those with great expectations and good intentions!) But very easy and so pretty! (I bet they smell great, too!)

    It's fun catching up with you on these fabulous posts, my friend. Merry Christmas to you!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Jeanie
      you're sucha bright light to me, Dearie, you always put me in high spirits, thank you !
      Actually it's quite easy that after a few days, if the slices aren't dried as well as they should, the make the mold, but with these instructions, I mean, drying them so slowly, you can be sure, it won't happen !

      Wishing you too a very Merry Christmas,
      may these Holidays bless your home with Gladness and Love •♥•♥•♥•

      Elimina
  28. Victorian Christmases are so beautiful! I have some Victorian ornaments however I haven't made any myself (yet!) I've always loved dried oranges at Christmas:) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! And Happy Holidays! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. @ Kathleen
      dearest friend, I'm wishing you too very Happy Holidays,
      blessed with Peace and Wonder,
      and thank you for being such a lovely hostess ~ღ

      Elimina

I THANK YOU WHOLEHEARTEDLY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND WORDS, SO PRECIOUS TO ME.